The entire book sets forth a detailed study of the Seven Church Ages and the various major doctrines contained in Revelation, Chapters One through Three.
I pray the blessing of God upon each reader; and may illumination by the Spirit of God be each one's special portion.
The Revelation, given to John, concerning the Seven Ages, begins with the Revelation of HIM (our Lord Jesus Christ - Revelation 1:1-20) , who is revealed Through the Messenger of each Age. In each Age a fecet of His glory and character is revealed. Beginning with the first Age wherein He is revealed as the Almighty, holding the Seven Stars (Messengers) in His Right hand of power and walking in the midst of His church (Revelation 2:1); till finally in the last Age He is revealed as "The Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the beginning of the Creation of God (Revelation 3:14).
1. The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God
gave unto him to show unto His servants things which must shortly come to pass and He sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John:
2. Who bare record of the Word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
3. Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein for the time is at hand.
4. John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be to you, and peace, from Him Which Is, and Which Was, Which Is To Come; and from the seven Spirits Which are before His throne;
5. And from Jesus Christ, Who is the Faithful Witness, an the First Begotten Of The Dead, and the Prince of the Kings of the Earth. Unto Him That loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own blood,
6. And hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father; to Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
7. Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen.
8. I am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending saith the Lord Which Is, and Which Was, and Which Is To Come, the Almighty.
9. I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the Word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
10. I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
11. Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna , and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
12. And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
13. And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
14.. His head and His hairs were white like wool. as white as snow; and His eyes were as a flame of fire;
15. And His feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and His voice as the sound of many waters.
16. And He had in His, right hand seven stars: and out of His mouth went a sharp twoedged Sword and His countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
17. And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead, And He laid His right hand upon me, saving unto me, Fear not; I am the First and the Last:
18. I am He That liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
19. Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;
20. The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in My right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.
Paul Ireneus St.Martin Columba Luther Wesley Branham Ephesus Symrna Pergamos Thyatira Sardis Philadelphia Laodicea 53-170 AD 170-312 312-606 606-1520 1520-1750 1750-1906 1906-There He is with the seven stars in His right hand. The right hand or arm signifies the power and authority of God (Psalms. 44:3).
"For they got not the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them: but Thy right hand, and Thine arm, and the light of Thy countenance, because Thou hadst a favour unto them."In that right hand of power are seven stars, who, according to Rev. 1:20, are the seven church messengers . This signifies that the very power and authority of God are behind His messengers to every age. They go forth in the fire and power of the Holy Ghost with the Word. They are stars because they reflect light. The Light they reflect is His Light. They have no light of their own. They kindle not their own fires that men may walk in the light of their sparks. Isaiah. 50:11. It is night, for that is when the stars come out. It is the night of the blackness of sin, for all (even the whole world), have sinned and are constantly falling short of the glory of God. Rom. 3:23.
These seven messengers are making God known to the people. He that receiveth them, receiveth Him That sent them. John 13:20. They speak and act upon His authority. He stands behind them with all the power of Godhead. Matt. 28:18-20,
"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, ALL POWER is given unto Me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations baptizing them in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I AM WITH YOU ALWAY, even unto the end of the world (consummation of the ages)."So there they are, full of the Holy Ghost and faith and there He stands to back them up. Behold Him Who is the same yesterday and today, and forever; and who never changes either in essence or in His ways.
The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in My right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars ARE the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.
The ""Fullness of the Gentiles" set forth by Paul in Romans is identified, in Revelations Chapter one to three, as Seven Church Ages. Through these Seven Ages, God would begin and make an end of His dealings with the Gentile Church. EACH Age would have it's Messenger holding forth the Revelation of Jesus Christ for "That Age". The FIRST and the LAST Ages had a PROPHET-Messenger - One (Paul) to usher in "Despensation of Grace" for the Gentiles and the other (William Branham) to "Finish the Mystery of God" (Rev. 10:1-7); Reveal The Son of Man (Luke 17:30); "Close out" the "Despensation of Grace" for the Gentiles and "usher in" the "Day of Vengenance of Our God".
As the Angel declared John the Baptist to be the forerunner of the FIRST Coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, even so in this Age, God came down in a Pillar of Fire, in the Presence of almost 4000 witnesses, declaring that William Branham was sent as the Prophet-Messenger of the Seventh and last Church Age, with a Message to forerun the SECOND Coming of the Jesus Christ. As in ALL Seven Church Ages the individual is presented with "Two Choices" - Accept it or Reject it. WHAT IS YOUR CHOICE?